To verify Cyber Insurance School "CIS" as an approved Pre-Licensing EXAM Preparation education provider by California Department of Insurance, See below here or, simply click on the following link, or copy paste the link below into your computer browser, or call the Dept. of Insurance for verification:
Once at the California Department of Insurance web site click SEARCH for Cyber Insurance School
Cyber Insurance School Corp.
Approved Education Provider
No. # 276766
Entering a letter or partial name of a provider and the education type provides you with an alphabetical listing of providers, business telephone numbers, toll-free telephone numbers (if any) and selecting provider for searching for courses.
© 2012 California Department of Insurance
Cyber Insurance School Corporation "CIS" it's an approved accredited Insurance School by California Department of Insurance in the State of California.
State Licensing courses require minimum of hours per course (minimum required attendance hours may vary) for more details on NEW License or Renewal Agent/Broker/Producer requirements please scroll beolw here.
A License applicant must obtain an attendance "Certificate of completion" CIS (Cyber Insurance School) is obligated and mandated to keep track and maintain records of your attendance per session, course and for each Class.
To learn more about California Department of Insurance Rules and Licensing requirements please see below here or contact California DOI.
California Department of Insurance
320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814-4309
Phone: 916-322-3555 or 800-967-9331
- 20 hrs - Life Only Agent
- 20 hrs - Accident & Health Only Agent
- 40 hrs - Life, Accident and Health Agent
- 40 hrs - Fire/Casualty Broker-Agent
- 20 hrs - Personal Lines Broker-Agent
- 20 hrs - Limited Line Automobile Agent
An additional 12 hours of Ethics & Code must be completed for all of the above lines of insurance
- Remote delivery (e.g. Two way Live Telecomm web cam)
Certificate of Completion:
- Original certificate of completion must be submitted to the CDI with license application
- Applicant must pass state exam within one year of applying for license or must re-apply and re-pay for license application (education is not required again)
- Certificates are valid for 3 years
- Applicant does not have to have a sponsoring company at the time of getting a license, but they must have one before transacting business.
Education is reported online daily to the CDI within 10 days of course completion
- Applicants who are CLUs, CPCUs, LUTCFs, AAIs or CICs are exempt from the 40 hr course but not 12 hrs of ethics & code
- New resident applicants who held a license in good standing in a previous state and completed 40 hrs of pre-license education must only complete the 12 hrs of ethics and code
- Applicants claiming funeral exemption (selling less than $15,000 of insurance)
- Cargo Shipper's Agents